How do these two things relate to each other? And why is this seemingly straightforward question so hard to answer? Let’s take a moment to pause and reflect.
- Brand and Customer Experience have a rocky history that even includes a few coup attempts. It’s all very Game Of Thrones.
- And even when they’re not at each other’s throats, they’re barely talking to each other.
- And yet, these two things are intimately connected. And—this is the crucial bit—better together than apart. Kind of like Fleetwood Mac and Lindsey Buckingham.
- So where does all this confusion and conflict come from? The root cause is a combination of org charts and competing points-of-view.
- From a strategic perspective, things are pretty clear. The brand lives upstream from the customer experience and gives it direction: “Brand is a promise kept, and CX is key in keeping that promise.“