You’re a marketing writer who has created some solid B2B content. You love to write and you’re good at it. But, at the same time, you’re really interested in the strategy behind the writing assignment. The WHY behind the WHAT.
In your secret heart, you long for a role that merges these two sides of your character—writing and strategic thinking. You have a sense that these two things could combine into a whole new set of skills. If only the opportunity would present itself.
Good news: it just did.
More about you… You are fascinated by how brands work. And by how groups of people come together to make things happen. You love solving problems and finding better solutions that can make a real impact. You are deeply curious and a natural researcher. And of course, a born storyteller.
You’ve got a bit of experience in the marketing world and you’re eager to grow your career and take on new challenges.
You’re a quick thinker, with the ability to simplify the complex, learn fast, and proactively push your ideas forward. You’re naturally at home in a team environment, but you also know how to work on your own and figure things out.
We’re in the advice business. That means we’re only as good as the people who work here. So we’re looking for someone who cares about their work and the clients they work for. Someone who laughs easily and likes people. Someone who makes us, and our clients, sit up straighter.
We’re primarily focused on delivering sound marketing strategies to senior clients. This means that everyone at Modern Craft approaches their work from a broad perspective with an unbiased, curious, and critical mind.
About the Role
You’ll wear a couple of different hats. There will be lots of writing involved—mostly to support our marketing and business development efforts. Think case studies, web copy, email newsletters, and more. But you’ll also support our consultants as a researcher, thinker, and general contributor to a variety of client projects. Sometimes these two worlds will merge and you will be asked to use your writing skills to help our clients. This is how you’ll get the chance to combine that strategic thinking and those solid writing chops.
The right candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of work experience that combines writing and marketing / communications.
- Very strong general written communication and storytelling skills.
- Ability to create strong visual presentations (in PowerPoint and Keynote).
- Experience conducting research using multiple sources and techniques like desk research, quantitative surveys, digital analytics, interviews etc.
- An insatiable curiosity to find out what makes things tick and learn new things.
- Nice to have: an understanding of branding or brand strategy. But you must have an interest in brand strategy.
- Some knowledge and experience with digital marketing tools: specifically analytics, social media, email, survey, or content management platforms.
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments at once.
- A respectful but restless attitude, always questioning, pushing, and thinking deeply.
- A strong interest and desire to learn and grow a career in consulting.
Why choose Modern Craft?
As owners and workers in our own company, the four of us have chosen to operate our business in a way which feels fair, kind, ethical, and fun. We live by these values and expect the same from our whole team. We genuinely care about our staff and each other. If you come to work for us, you can expect:
A culture where you can thrive
At Modern Craft, we are intentional about building a culture of support, openness and trust. You can expect an environment with a high degree of collaboration and camaraderie, regardless of your title or background.
A place where you can truly be yourself
We support diversity and inclusion. We don’t all come from underrepresented backgrounds, but we share the same vision of human dignity for all. So come as you are. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A place where you can learn and grow
You can expect a high degree of personal and professional growth when you work here. We have programs in place for career growth, ongoing feedback, and training. And because you’ll be working alongside the Partners in the business, you’ll receive hands on mentorship and support.
A business you can make a difference in
We are a small business, but a mighty one. We’ve been around since 2014. We’ve had to change with the times and we continue to be open to change. We will listen to you and you’ll have a unique opportunity to contribute to our growth, put your personal stamp on our business, and shape our shared future together.
We are based in Vancouver, Canada. And while this position is remote, you’ll be expected to work at least four hours a day in Pacific Standard time to allow for collaboration with our team and with our clients.
This position is open to those residing in Canada only.
- What we’ll provide in return:
- You will earn a salary that is competitive with the industry.
- You will be eligible for a company bonus annually.
- You will be provided the tools, technology, and the environment you need to be productive and collaborative remotely.
- You will receive extended healthcare and dental benefits.
- You will receive an annual stipend to support your wellness, physical, and mental well-being.
- You will receive an annual training grant.
- You will receive 3 weeks vacation.
- You will have additional paid time off for your birthday and the end-of-year holiday week.
- You will have paid sick leave.