You’re a strategically-minded CX consultant with at least 5 years experience. You are able to conceive and conduct user research and translate the results into findings, customer journey maps, wireframes, and diagrams.
You are a champion of the customer, leveraging research you’ve collected or conducted to inform a user-centric approach to whatever the system is you are working within. You bring empathy, active listening, the ability to see behavioural patterns, collaboration, and big picture thinking to everything you do. But you also understand that small details are key to creating cohesive customer experiences across channels.
Your mindset is agnostic, open-minded, strategic, and thoughtful. You’ve got a knack for working your way through thorny problems, adapting along with way, and making complex things simple.
About the Role
As a CX Consultant, you’ll work in close partnership with clients and teams—a step removed from the usual agency domain of execution. You’ll focus on finding answers to deeper questions, helping senior clients and teams build new capabilities, and creating an environment where great work can happen. You will design research, conduct research, lead workshops, produce findings documents, design recommendations, and product customer journey maps. You’ll work with a diverse mix of clients solving a wide range of interesting problems, big and small. Problems such as:
- “We need to understand what our customers are experiencing right now and what we are doing to enable/create that experience.”
- “How can we better align our delivery model to meet our customer needs?”
- “We need a clear perspective on who our core customers are, what their unmet needs are, and how we plan to serve them.”
- “We need help getting the right product to market fit for a new product or service and help with identifying the requirements needed to meet customer needs and opportunities.”
- “What is the role of our various channels in meeting the needs of our users?”
- “We don’t know why our customers aren’t engaging with our products, services, or experiences.”
- “We are a silo’ed organization and need help organizing our products/services around our customers.”
- “What is the experience of our staff/employees in relation to our customers?”
- “We need help designing a program that can help us understand customer needs on an ongoing basis.”
You’ll be challenged beyond your comfort zone routinely. You’ll work together with the Partners at Modern Craft as a team. But as a CX Consultant and project lead, you’ll have the autonomy to craft and own the solution and will bring a change-management mindset to drive your projects to success.
Why choose Modern Craft?
As owners and workers in our own company, the four of us have chosen to operate our business in a way which feels fair, kind, ethical, and fun. We live by these values and expect the same from our whole team. We genuinely care about our staff and each other. If you come to work for us, you can expect:
A culture where you can thrive
At Modern Craft, we are intentional about building a culture of support, openness and trust. You can expect an environment with a high degree of collaboration and camaraderie, regardless of your title or background.
A place where you can truly be yourself
We support diversity and inclusion. We don’t all come from underrepresented backgrounds, but we share the same vision of human dignity for all. So come as you are. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A place where you can learn and grow
You can expect a high degree of personal and professional growth when you work here. We have programs in place for career growth, ongoing feedback, and training. And because you’ll be working alongside the Partners in the business, you’ll receive hands on mentorship and support.
A business you can make a difference in
We are a small business, but a mighty one. We’ve been around since 2014. We’ve had to change with the times and we continue to be open to change. We will listen to you and you’ll have a unique opportunity to contribute to our growth, put your personal stamp on our business, and shape our shared future together.
We are based in Vancouver, Canada. And while this position is remote, you’ll be expected to work at least four hours a day in Pacific Standard time to allow for collaboration with our team and with our clients.
You’ll also be expected to travel for projects as our clients are based around North America.
This position is open to those residing in Canada or the US only.
What we’ll provide in return:
- You will earn a salary that is competitive with the industry.
- You will be eligible for a company bonus annually.
- You will be provided the tools, technology, and the environment you need to be productive and collaborative remotely.
- You will receive extended healthcare and dental benefits.
- You will receive an annual stipend to support your wellness, physical, and mental well-being.
- You will receive an annual training grant.
- You will receive 3 weeks vacation.
- You will have additional paid time off for your birthday and the end-of-year holiday week.
- You will have paid sick leave.