You are an experienced and influential content strategy expert with a background in information sciences, marketing, user experience, or research. Before jumping into action, you think deeply about the big picture: the audience, the brand, the needs of the business. The wider customer experience.
You view content as a strategic solution to business challenges. You intuitively understand the connection between the work you do and the bottom line of the business. You’re insatiably curious and love to ask your favourite question: “why?”
You’re a committed advocate for customers. You understand that the best way for the business to succeed is if it creates content that matches the needs and desires of customers. You’re obsessed with learning and, getting better and better at connecting content to customers.
Your experience has taught you why great, multi-device content is important and you know how to explain the dimensions of great content to others. You are comfortable collaborating with a diverse team of experts in copy, design, and user experience and you know enough about technology to be able to have informed discussions with software engineers.
You have a demonstrated ability to forge partnerships with colleagues and have a firm understanding of your limits. You will be able to explain the nuances of content strategy to a variety of stakeholders – from executives to interns. You build strong relationships and operate at ease with influential leaders and value the personal and professional bonds you have built over your career.
Key Professional Experiences:
• 7 years of experience in content strategy at an agency or in a corporate environment with a large complex organization
• Expertise in user experience
• A demonstrated understanding of the different specialist skill sets that are required to deliver on content strategy recommendations
• A track record of developing successful content strategies for organizations across multiple channels, at scale, over the course of multiple content cycles
• An exceptional writer and oral communicator, including the skills to write in the voice of others’
• Experience in forming insights from content data analysis
• Experience creating research plans and conducting qualitative interviews and focus groups
• Exceptional presentation and facilitation skills
• Skilled in the art of persuasion, with a deep sense of humility and openness to the perspectives of others
• Fluency in conducting content audits, creating taxonomies, developing tagging structures, designing content models, and managing teams of strategists who take on any number of these activities
• An understanding of marketing and digital strategy principles
•Experience working with editorial teams, software engineers, and creative directors
About the Role
You’ll work in close partnership with client leaders and teams to solve complex problems with other strategists. Your work will often be further upstream than the usual agency domain of ideas and execution – focusing on unlocking the potential of our clients to reach their customers using their own internal marketing engines. You’ll work with a diverse mix of clients solving a wide range of interesting problems, big and small. You’ll be challenged and pushed beyond your comfort zone routinely. Some travel will likely be involved.
What we’ll provide in return:
• Competitive salary
• Healthcare benefits
• Annual training grant
• Attendance and contribution to Modern Craft culture and events
• No one cares if you need to leave the office early once in a while
• You’ll sit in a nice Herman Miller chair, in a newly designed office, surrounded by good people
• An opportunity to help a small, but impactful business grow to another level
Modern Craft supports diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.